Thursday, February 4, 2016

Official Review: The Best and Worst Commercials of Super Bowl 49

Chips and queso. The seconds ticking on the clock. The clinking of glassware, and aluminum cans fills the air around you. Companies paid millions for the opportunity to take 30 seconds of your time. 49 million to be exact. That works out to about 1.6 Million per second. From laughter, and even tears (thanks Nationwide) the 2015 Super Bowl advertisements kept all of their spectators on the edge of seats, not knowing what would come next.

In 2015, I used the hashtag #AshleyDoesTheSuperBowl to track my tweets of what I appreciated and what I didn't necessarily click with as far as the ads. From Invisible Mindy, which didn't really turn out how I thought it would, to Kim Kardashian's T-Mobile Ad, some of the 2015 Bowl ads left a lot to be desired. My personal favorites included this Fiat spot, this happy Coke ad, and (my personal favorite) this domestic violence awareness advert that really changed the way I thought about advertisements to help those around us.

As Super Bowl 50 quickly approaches, I find myself more ready than ever to track the ads for this year. I will be live tweeting from a bar in the nice neighborhood of Oklahoma City, using the hashtag #AshleyDoesSuperBowl50. If you are curious about what I have to say about this years content, or you just want to see my all caps tweets on game technicalities, head on over to the Twitterverse, and give me a follow at @ashleytrattner. Tune to CBS at 5:30 PM Central Standard Time to catch the game and Coldplay during the half-time show.  I will be at the bar with a cold glass in hand. Carbs don't count as much on Super Bowl Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment