Friday, April 22, 2016

Gentle Marisa: Writing About Others

Marisa Mohi is a friend of mine. Someone I greatly admire, and love to spend time with. This woman is fascinating; there's always a witty remark, and a story to tell. Recently I got the opportunity to interview her for a presentation in one of my classes. 

I have always been fascinated by those who always have a story in their back pocket. Partially, because my favorite compliment that I receive is on my ability to tell stories in such a way that I never lose momentum. 

Marisa is the kind of person who is 100% authentic. All the time, no questions. It's really cool, and moving to know that people like that are here, and around me. It seems important to note that I can't think of a time Marisa didn't have me absolutely glued to the edge of the seat in anticipation. It's really awesome to know that some people have that natural ability to hold you in the moment. And she does, in abundance. 

So, to Gentle Marisa, I thank you for your contribution to my education, and of course, thank you for all of your stories. May they be plentiful. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw shucks, girl. Any time. And I'm so glad that we got to know each other. You're going to do great things.

    ReplyDelete