Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A Dime

"Next time you get dumped, hand this to him and tell him to go buy himself a cheap piece of ass and to keep the change." -Bettie 

An older woman, with a sense of self the likes of which I had never seen, asked me Monday morning at my day job what was wrong because I looked pretty down. After explaining that it was because I had been dumped the day before, she said "oh whatever honey, you don't need him anyway." With her loud voice and her unmistakeable attitude, I actually started to feel a little bit better. 

Bettie is a member here at my day job. She had no obligation to try to make me feel better. Most people don't even respond to our "good morning" greetings. But the fact that she did speaks volumes to me. She spread a little love where she didn't have to. Sure, I celebrated the break up with Starbucks and a glass of wine, but I really felt the love here. Bettie genuinely cared that I had something to hold onto with this. Good people are still around. Good people are still being good people. 

Are you a good person? Are you doing everything you can to be a good person to your fellow being? Think about it. 

Do Good & Do Well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment