Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Communications 211

It's been exactly one month since my feet have stepped on this hideously colored carpet. One professor. 24 students. The beige walls, and a tacky brown accent wall look back at me as I search for an empty seat. The projector hums overhead as I take a seat, third row back, end of the row. Professor Martin stands in front, with a McCafe cup, and her New Balance sneakers. She tells us of the joys of Media Mix Analysis, and the (cringe) math involved. 

Words can't possibly explain the feeling I have towards this room in my favorite building on campus: Mass Communication. Room 211 (and 215) have provided so many opportunities to me that I never thought I would experience. The opportunity to work in the best groups for group work, the opportunity to learn from my favorite professor, the opportunity for me to explore my talents, outside of what I already knew. I have built a resume, a business (from the ground up), I have built a brand, and found out a little about my personal brand too. 

Room 211 isn't just about the major, but the people I share/have shared the room with. Sandy Martin, professor. Chelsea Ratterman, best friend & confidante. Breanna Young, general bad ass. James Turnbow, bearded wonder. Matt Janey, chocolate wonder. This semester will bring plenty of new faces to 211 with me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment