Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas to All...

Today I spent my Christmas Eve evening with my little diamond sister, Chelsea. She is my everything. She keeps me sane, she takes care of me, and she has allowed me to adopt her family as my own. This means so much to me, as my relationship with my loved ones is often strained. My mom passed away when I was 16, and I am not particularly close to my dad or his side of the family. 
This holiday, and evening of fun playing Apples to Apples while shoving food in our (and her dogs) mouths, eating cupcakes, and sandwiches, gave me a reminder of how fortunate I really am. When I picked up another sister to drive with her to Chelsea's, I came into her home and walked up to her mom, her mom immediately stopped washing dishes to give me a big hug. I called her mom. When I arrived at Chelsea's, I walked in the house and began asking for mom. When her family and all her friends sat down to play the game, her dad sat next to me and we killed everyone at Apples to Apples and cracked jokes with each other, like it was the easiest thing to do. I have been welcomed into countless homes, families, and lives these last couple of years. I have several "moms" now, who stepped into the role when I desperately needed it. I am insanely blessed and thankful for the opportunity to have touched so many lives. I can't even begin to thank them enough for all they have done for me. 

...And to All, a Good Night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment