Sunday, December 21, 2014

Me and My Shoes


We have all heard of wearing different hats. Parent, lover, Mom, Dad, sister, friend, co-worker, director. Hats don't compliment my face very well, so I prefer to think of my "hats" as shoes. I have shoes for my job, shoes that usually get worn to class, and shoes that go on when I go out. 
My work shoes, a pair of filthy sneakers, represent the hard worker that I am. I work at a boarding facility for dogs, and dogs love to get muddy. The supplies we clean with, Odo-Ban and bleach, along with the wet, muddy, dog smell make up this pair's scent. They are gross, and they live in my garage, never coming into my house. They represent the part of me that is willing to be the woman that works a dirty job to support herself through college. My job is fun, no doubt, but it is messy.
My combat boots, these come in handy for nice occasions with friends, and I love them. Even though I am from Oklahoma, I have always been a little more combat boot than combat boot. When I wear these, I automatically feel more confident. Ready for combat (not really), ready for anything. 
My standard black ballet flats. I acquired this particular pair at a Target in Edmond, and they we're on sale. I was psyched. These are an everyday staple, from class to my second job at the YMCA. these are functional and adaptable, just like me. 

It's really cheesy, but my shoes change from day to day and so do I. If it fits, just rock it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment